Our Company strictly prohibits workplace violence. Consistent with this policy and others supported by the Company, any act of intimidation, harassment, harm, violence, aggression, coercion or any other physical or psychological acts will be addressed as a disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Creating a hostile or stressful environment by abusing or intimidating co-workers or subordinates will be dealt with swiftly. All threats or acts of violence should be reported immediately to the human resource manager. Examples would further include:
• Hitting and shoving or caging in another person
• Making threats against a person, their family, friends, property, etc.
• Making phone calls inside or outside of the work environment
• Harassing by stalking or surveillance
• Carrying, pointing or using firearms and weapons against another
Commentary (if any):
WARNING: Do NOT simply adopt a policy or add it to your handbook or manual without consulting with a qualified HR professional or employment lawyer. A sample policy may not be proper or even lawful in your particular situation. You’ve been warned.