It is the policy of the Company to provide meal and rest breaks during the course of each workday. The length of lunch periods may vary from department to department. A minimum of one half hour to maximum of one hour will be granted for each day worked. Such time is subtracted from the total number of hours worked each day, therefore, they do affect salary and overtime.
Full time employees are entitled to two fifteen-minute rest breaks each day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Employees on rest breaks are not permitted to leave the Company grounds or premises during this period.
The Fair Labor Standards Act does not require:
- Vacation, holiday, severance, or sick pay.
- Meal or rest periods, holidays off, or vacations. *Minors not included.
- Premium pay for weekend or holiday work.
- Pay raises or fringe benefits.
- A discharge notice, reason for discharge, or immediate payment of final wages to terminated employees.