Click Below To Download Our Sample Handbook!
Know the location of the fire extinguisher(s) in your area and make sure they are kept clear at all times. Notify your manager if an extinguisher is used or if the seal is broken. Keep in mind that extinguishers that are rated ABC can be used for paper, wood, or electrical fires. Make sure all flammable liquids, such as alcohol, are stored in approved
and appropriately labeled safety cans and are not exposed to any ignition source.
In Case of Fire you should:
– Dial 911 or the local fire department.
– If possible, immediately contact your manager evacuate all employees from the area.
– If the fire is small and contained, locate the nearest fire extinguisher. Employees who are knowledgeable in the correct use of fire extinguishers should only attempt this.
– If the fire is out of control, leave the area immediately. No attempt should be made to fight the fire.
– When the fire department arrives, direct the crew to the fire. Do not re-enter the building until directed to do so by the fire department.
Commentary (if any):
WARNING: Do NOT simply adopt a policy or add it to your handbook or manual without consulting with a qualified HR professional or employment lawyer. A sample policy may not be proper or even lawful in your particular situation. You’ve been warned.