Click Below To Download Our Sample Handbook!
If you are advised to evacuate the building, you should:
– Stop all work immediately.
– Contact outside emergency response agencies, if needed.
– Shut off all electrical equipment and machines, if possible.
– Walk to the nearest exit, including emergency exit doors.
– Exit quickly, but do not run. Do not stop for personal belongings.
– Proceed, in an orderly fashion, to a parking lot near the building. Be present and accounted for during roll call.
– Do not re-enter the building until instructed to do so.
Commentary (if any):
WARNING: Do NOT simply adopt a policy or add it to your handbook or manual without consulting with a qualified HR professional or employment lawyer. A sample policy may not be proper or even lawful in your particular situation. You’ve been warned.