Return To: HR Policy Index
Overtime is paid at the rate of one-and-one-half times (1-½x) your regular hourly rate of pay. No non-worked lunch, sick, holiday or vacation time is included in calculating overtime.
• Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. | NLRB Says “Liking” a Post on Facebook Constitutes Protected Activity (August 29, 2014)
• Nexsen Pruet | The Legal Forum on Employment and Labor Law (Audio) (August 29, 2014)
• Ogletree Deakins | OFCCP’s Newest Directive: Gender Identity and Sex Discrimination (August 26, 2014)
• Littler Mendelson, P.C. | Colorado | Major Changes to Colorado Discrimination Law Will Negatively Impact Employers Large and Small (May 24, 2013)
• Ogletree Deakins | Massachusetts | Massachusetts Legislature Fails to Pass Bill to Ban Noncompetes and Adopt the UTSA (August 18, 2014)
• Littler Mendelson, P.C. | New York | Final Rules Adopted Clarifying Employers’ Obligations under the New York City Earned Sick Time Act (August 25, 2014)
• Franczek Radelet P.C | Illinois | Employer Must Defend Against A Wrongful Death Lawsuit For Not Monitoring Employee Computer Use (August 25, 2014)
• Littler Mendelson, P.C. | D.C. | Private Sector Employers in the District of Columbia Will Soon Be Required to Comply with a New Law Restricting Their Ability to Rely on Criminal Records for Employment Purposes (August 25, 2014)
• Littler Mendelson, P.C. | California | California Court of Appeal Issues Expansive Expense Reimbursement Ruling (August 27, 2014)
• Ogletree Deakins | Arizona | Arizona Industrial Commission Implements New Minimum Wage Act Emergency Regulations (pdf). (January 09, 2007)
• Shaw Valenza LLP | California | Preemployment Testing Challenged under Antidiscrimination Laws, (January 29, 2007)
• Eleventh Circuit | Billingsley v Citi Trends, Inc., 560 Fed Appx. 914 (11th Cir. 2014).
• Fifth Circuit | Davis v. Fort Bend County, (5th Cir. 8.26.14)
• California | Ordonez v. RadioShack, Inc.
• Seventh Circuit | Perez v. Super Maid, LLC, No. 11-C-07485 (N.D. Ill. July 14, 2014)
• Seventh Circuit | Hansen v. Fincantieri Marine Group