If qualified applicants aren’t beating down a path to your door or your long-time employees are suddenly leaving for greener pastures, then it might be time to rethink your company’s recruiting and retention strategies. The trends mentioned in the previous section demonstrate that your company’s efforts need to be more creative than just simple advertisements or campus recruiting. A sound workforce plan can help increase your company’s chances of success.
- Step 1: Review your organization’s strategic goals and objectives
- Step 2: Conduct an internal inventory of available workforce resources
- Step 3: Scan the external environment for changes affecting labor supplies
- Step 4: Forecast shortages and surpluses
- Step 5: Develop recruiting and retention goals
- Step 6: Evaluate your progress at defined intervals to benchmark progress