About the Guide
This guide is designed to provide general information on preparing an Emergency Plan for your business. It can be used by any type of large or small business.
This guide will assist your business in preparing an Emergency Plan that will help you to:
• ensure staff and client safety to the best of your ability, should an emergency occur.
• protect your business from the adverse effects of a large or small emergency.
• ensure the continuance of service during and immediately following an emergency to minimize disruption of service to clients.
• increase the probability of continued existence of your business as a viable entity after an emergency or business interruption disables one or more of your facilities.
• reduce the exposure of your business to financial loss as a result of an emergency or business interruption.