4 Day Work Week
Posted: 18 July 2008 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-07-18

Concerning the Employeer?  Do you feel that there will be employee’s leave as a result of longer hours and shorter weeks.  What are some of the other issues to face by shorter work weeks and adding more employee’s.  Any good web sites to check out?

Posted: 04 August 2008 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-03-04

FYI, as of today, the State of Utah has implemented a four-day work week for most state employees.  There has been a lot of news coverage and discussion about the switch locally; this link will get you started:

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,5143,700247942,00.html

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), courts will remain open on Fridays.  Not that it matters too much to those of us who are in federal court most of the time…  Anyway, I hope the link/information is helpful…

Signature 

—-
Tyson B. Snow
Manning Curtis Bradshaw & Bednar LLC
*Employment Discrimination Litigation
*Employment Law Counseling and Training

Martindale | LinkedIn | Twitter

Posted: 04 August 2008 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-07-18

Thanks Tyson I went to that site.  I would love to hear more on OHIO though doing that.

Posted: 12 August 2008 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-08-12

We have had 3-day and 4-day work weeks for many years and in general employees seem to like it.  Turnover in those jobs has not been higher than in others.  Of course, the employees took the jobs knowing that they were a 4-day (36 hour) week.  Even though the 4-day week workers work one more hour than their 5-day (35 hour) counterparts, we don’t hear much griping about it. People like having the extra day off.