Ogletree Deakins • Costa Mesa, California
Visibility and Networking
695 Town Center Drive, Suite 1500
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Vince M. Verde is a managing and a founding shareholder of the firm?s Orange County office. Mr. Verde is a litigator with extensive jury and non-jury trial experience. His diverse practice includes the representation of regional and national clients in all phases of litigation involving employment and labor matters, class action lawsuits and complex business and construction disputes. He has also worked on a variety of business transactions involving mergers and acquisitions and contract negotiations and formation.
Mr. Verde?s experience includes the following:
* Defense verdict involving a sixty five million dollar design defect and breach of warranty claim for manufacturers of wind turbine generators;
* Defense verdict in a multi-million wrongful termination and racial discrimination suit;
* Obtained injunction against a national labor union in connection with NLRB and Labor Code claims;
* Dismissal of a twenty-seven million dollar co-conspirator fraud claim based upon the Fair Credit Reporting Act;
* Dismissal of a multi-million fraud and breach of contract claims where plaintiff paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to Mr. Verde?s client prior to dismissal;
* Successful defense of class action suit involving the WARN Act and unpaid wage claims;
* Successful defense of FLSA claims involving the Portal to Portal Act and related unpaid wage claims;
* Successful defense of misappropriation claim pertaining to a national advertising campaign;
* Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement in favor of a large municipal client after filing suit involving the False Claims Act.
Mr. Verde is a former felony trial attorney with the District Attorney?s Office for Nassau County, New York. He is an active board member of the Philippine American Bar Association of Los Angeles.
Activities, Awards, AcknowledgmentsPhilippine American Bar Association of Los Angeles (Board Member)
- College: B.A., University of California - Davis, 1991
- Law School: J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1995